Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Chasing Pavements.






You blink thirty three times a minute when you're stressed
Twenty three when you're concerned
And twice as many when you feel that you finally understand the lesson learned
In the morning, the sunlight hits your face at an angelic angle that reminds me that magic exists
Why can't I stop remembering all of this?
When you're nervous you bite down on your bottom lip
As you smile the corners of your cheek arch higher than your back when I'm earning that red lobster
Why can't I stop remembering all of this?
If only you can view yourself through my eyes
It would be a maroon tinted lens
Through it you'd see an enigma wrapped up in complexity
A strong bronze fist cocked up shouting "Black Lives Matter!"
Draped in delicate designs that compliment your smooth melanin
It would be clear that your strength is your exoskeleton
I have to be blunt
I feel like nothing to you sometimes
I can't stop remembering all of this
But will you remember me?
When my body craves your presence
As my mind misses your verbal intimacy
Will it matter enough for you to return ? ...

No comments:

Post a Comment