Sunday, January 17, 2016

Light at the end of the tunnel...








I dreamt of you last night
There was a long hallway
& at the end was a single flame
You were at the beginning of it standing near a corner screaming
Your tall silhouette towered over a pen and pad and you wept
Every tear that escaped from your eyes turned into words
Feelings
Emotions
They poured out of you
One after the other
Rows of thoughts
Sentences of sorrow
Stanzas of sadness
I walked over to you
Stretched my arms out to catch them with the fabric from my sleeves
There I was, standing beside you drenched in all the fears that you used to fight back
The chapters of your past that you refuse to read aloud were draped over my body.
Slowly
You turned to me
& said
"I was dying inside, thank you for guarding my feelings , you are a reflection of GOD's love"
& I replied
"There is light at the end of this tunnel, take my hand and we will get there together"
I realized then that nobody ever gave you the space to release anything that weighed your heart down.


No comments:

Post a Comment