Saturday, June 18, 2016

If This Isn't Love... (work in progress)








Have you ever been in love?
Love that shines a light into the deepest depths of your insecurity
Love that asks you to strip
Not your clothes but to keep your heart, spirit and goals exposed
A love that is so powerful that you can’t even find the words to explain it
All you can do is stare into their eyes 
Shake your head 
& ask GOD to keep you still so that you don’t mess this blessing up
I told myself that I would stop watering myself down
That I would not stifle myself in any efforts to be noticed 
or seen
or appreciated 
I decided to become the sunflower that regardless of anything I wouldn’t stifle their growth
or my sanity
& then the most beautiful thing happened
Love showed me their scars
Love introduced me to the loneliness
The pain
The extended laughter
& the stormy rain
Love looked me in my face & said 
“ I don’t expect you to stay, everybody else has already left…”
I actively listened like a child to their favorite bedtime story
I grabbed love by the hand
Laid my head on love’s chest and stayed there until the beat of love’s racing heart slowly calmed
Love whispered to me 
Softly
I read the chapters of your story that you don’t want to read aloud, not to shame you but to show you that I am here to protect your weakness

Then love asked me to promise not to bruise love in an attempt to heal myself…


No comments:

Post a Comment