Friday, November 20, 2015

But Love is Blind; right?

Blinded by the shine of your heart
Captivated through your smile 
Where do I start?
I traveled two time zones
Took three flights
Fought an internal fight
& through it all my heart sings the lullaby of your name
The sweet scent of lotus flowers tickle my nose
As the melodies of your love fill my spirit
Erected by your kindness
Consoled by your compassion
Drunk off of your intellect
Can I hold you down?
I would like to get to know if I could be
The type of man that you can be down for
Because when I look into your eyes something tells me
That you're scared...
Hurt
Bruised
Lonely.
Somebody thought that they could afford your love
They thought that you didn't deserve all the blessings from above
They bent you
They tried to mold you
They mistreated you
They devalued you
But they couldn't break you
They were incapable of loving you past your pain.
I can't buy you tanzanite treasures
I can however guarantee you agape, non judgmental, unfiltered, unlimited love
I pledge allegiance to these words from the four chambers of my heart
& to the reality on which I stand
One man
Under GOD
Blinded by the shine of your heart...

No comments:

Post a Comment